一道本不卡免费高清Illinois Tech seeks to promote safe travel to events and activities occurring beyond the boundaries of its campuses by students and recognized student organizations. This Policy applies to individual student travel and to recognized student organization travel, both in cases where the travel is sponsored by Illinois Tech and in cases where the travel is independent of Illinois Tech sponsorship but where an individual student or a recognized student organization travels on behalf of, or with the financial support of, one or more Illinois Tech academic or administrative units and/or recognized student organizations. Travel beyond the boundaries of the Illinois Tech campus but within Cook, DuPage, Lake, McHenry or Will Counties, whether sponsored by Illinois Tech or not, is considered a field trip and is not subject to this Policy.
An "appropriate administrator" is the President, Provost, an academic Dean, a Vice Provost, or the Dean of Students, or the authorized designee of any of the foregoing.
- A "recognized student organization" is one that has been formed for educational, professional, social, recreational or other lawful purposes, derives the majority of its membership and all of its leadership from the student body of Illinois Tech, has been approved for recognition by the Office of Campus Life and maintains a current registration status with the Office of Campus Life.
- A "travel summary" is a written summary prepared by the organizing individual or group that, at a minimum, details the purpose of the travel, sets forth the full travel itinerary, including all lodging and contact information, and lists all participants and their relation to Illinois Tech.
- "Illinois Tech sponsored student travel" is travel involving a student or students that (i) is initiated, actively managed, planned and arranged by a member of Illinois Tech's faculty or staff, or members of a recognized student organization with the approval of an appropriate administrator; or (ii) has Illinois Tech financial, physical or administrative involvement or oversight. Illinois Tech sponsored student travel does not include travel under the auspices of Illinois tech's Department of Athletics or study abroad programs under the auspices of Illinois Tech's International Center.
All student and recognized student organization travel falling under this Policy must meet the following requirements:
一道本不卡免费高清1. To assure that travel involving students is consistent with Illinois Tech's mission and that student safety issues have been addressed, Illinois Tech sponsored student travel must be approved in advance by an appropriate administrator. The organizing individual or group must prepare and provide a travel summary to the appropriate administrator for his or her review and approval not less than forty-five (45) days prior to the date of the proposed travel. An appropriate administrator may request that a travel summary be supplemented with such additional information as he or she deems appropriate in order for him or her to make an informed decision. In general, for Illinois Tech sponsored student travel the purpose of which is academic, such as a conference or research, involving students from more than one College, then an appropriate administrator from each College must approve it.
一道本不卡免费高清Approval decisions of an appropriate administrator must be consistent with the provisions of this Policy. An appropriate administrator should not approve travel if he or she determines that safety, security or health conditions pose an undue risk to the traveler(s).
- An appropriate administrator should not approve travel if he or she determines that safety, security or health conditions pose an undue risk to the traveler(s).
- Students shall not be required to study or do research in locations affected by an U.S. State Department Travel Warning in order to satisfy a degree requirement or to receive a grade for a class.
- Travel to a country where the U.S. State Department has issued a mandatory evacuation order shall not be permitted.
- Recognized student organization travel must be consistent with the organization's mission statement and constitution on file with the Office of Campus Life, and travel must be planned so as not to create an undue interference with academic responsibilities.
- Students on academic or disciplinary probation or on leave from Illinois Tech should not be approved for any Illinois Tech sponsored student travel.
- Students traveling outside of the United States need to attend a pre-departure health, safety and security meeting provided by Illinois Tech's International Center.
一道本不卡免费高清If the appropriate administrator approves a travel summary, then he or she shall sign the travel summary noting his or her approval and return it to the organizing individual or group and, for travel outside of the United States, provide, as described in 2 below, a copy of the approved travel summary to Illinois Tech's International Center. If the appropriate administrator does not approve a travel summary, then he or she shall return the travel summary unsigned to the organizing individual or group and notify the organizing individual or group of the reason for the non-approval. In the case of non-approval, the organizing individual or group may attempt to modify the travel summary to overcome the objections of the appropriate administrator and resubmit the travel summary to the appropriate administrator.
一道本不卡免费高清2. The travel summary with the signature of the appropriate administrator must be submitted to Illinois Tech's International Center, no later than thirty (30) calendar days before the scheduled trip. No changes may be made to the travel summary without the approval of the appropriate administrator who initially authorized the travel.
3. All students traveling must complete and submit a Voluntary Assumption of Risk and Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement and an Emergency Contact and Medical Information Form, available from the Office of General Counsel, to Illinois Tech's International Center no later than fifteen (15) calendar days before the scheduled trip. Illinois Tech's International Center will provide such travel orientation and/or information as appropriate given the specifics of the trip. In the event that the proposed itinerary includes a location under a U.S. State Department Travel warning, the existence of such warning and information related thereto will be set forth in the Voluntary Assumption of Risk and Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement. Illinois Tech's International Center shall maintain these forms for a period of six (6) months from the conclusion of the travel covered thereby.
4. Unless otherwise explicitly approved, all Illinois Tech sponsored student travel must be chaperoned by a faculty or staff member. If approval to travel without such a chaperon is granted, then a student officer from the recognized student organization must accompany the trip; provided, however, a student may not lead Illinois Tech sponsored student travel to a location that is under a travel warning. Illinois Tech will view this student officer as the party responsible for the trip. The faculty or staff member or student officer must carry a copy of emergency contact information for all students participating in the trip as well as relevant Illinois Tech contact numbers.
5. Any travel undertaken without submission of a complete and accurate travel summary or not in accordance with an approved travel summary or otherwise in violation of this Student Travel Policy may result in individual and/or organizational discipline as outlined in this Student Handbook, together with such additional action as may be deemed appropriate under the circumstances. All travel participants are expected to comply with the standards set forth in this Student Handbook and with applicable Illinois Tech policies, procedures and rules. Violations of the foregoing requirements may subject participants and sponsoring organizations to disciplinary action as outlined in this Student Handbook.
6. The faculty member or administrator responsible for the travel shall communicate to the participants that the Illinois Tech does not provide medical insurance for any student's participation in travel. All student participants shall be responsible for medical costs they incur during and/or as a result of the travel.
7. When travel is specific to a Campus Life recognized student organization, the organization will be responsible for attending a mandatory travel presentation (once per semester). All attendees traveling on behalf of a recognized student organization must also complete the Student Organization Travel Behavioral Agreement, available from the Office of Campus Life on HawkLink.
一道本不卡免费高清8. Unless express permission has been granted by the appropriate administrator, friends and family members of Illinois Tech students, faculty and staff are not eligible to participate in Illinois Tech sponsored student travel.